Friday, February 4, 2011

Week 4 EOC: Writing a contract

As a photographer asked to shoot a small event for a charge of $500 or less what would be the minimums that I would need to have in a contract. To start off I would need to have the clients name and address, then the location of the shoot. After that I would want to have the date of the event and the times for which I will be responsible to be there at the location. Then I would need to have a date or set amount of time described to have proofs ready for the client to review. I might also put in the contract the minimum and maximum amount of photographs the client can expect from the event. After this would be a section to spell out some of the details and expectations for me as a photographer in what I expect and for the client in what he or she can expect. Item like travel expenses, meals, parking, etc may need to be included in the contract depending on the event. Next would be a line or two about deposits and when and why they may or may not be returned. Following that would be what the client can expect concerning the proofs and what he or she will need to do with the proofs in order to finalize the editing and ordering of final prints process. Then I may have some verbiage about what may be expected of the client during the photo shoot to be able to obtain the desired photographs. Lastly I would have some verbiage about copyrights of the images and what the client or myself as the photographer will be able to do with the photographs. The last item on the contract would be a place for the client and myself to sign, print, and date as well as print addresses and phone numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment