Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 6 BOC: Paparazzi Photo Challange


Here is my paparazzi style photograph; the photograph is of my son as he exits our vehicle to make it more realistic I did not let him know that I was going to photograph him. I am always teasing him about his hairdo and him starting to look like Justin Bieber, so that was my inspiration for my shot. I also wanted to make the photograph a little more dramatic so I shot it at night using the on camera flash so that my sons face and jacket were lit up while the background went black. I shoot all my shots in RAW format instead of JPEG so that I never start with a compressed file. So even when you shoot in black and white mode the camera captures all the color information as well. I wanted the final photograph to be in black and white, so the only editing I did was to crop the image to a square format and to turn the photograph into a black and white. This being said I think that by turning the photograph into a black and white image it capture my subject in a more dramatic way.
In this style of photography many of those getting photographed know that people are there to photograph them. Some times however, paparazzi like Ron Gallela surprise their subjects catching the person off guard to capture a more candid image. This can be an effective way to get a couple photos before someone asks you to stop taking their photograph.  This is not the style of photography that captures my interest, the closes to paparazzi photography that I enjoy shooting is street photography. In ways they are similar to each other I think that street photography is less intrusive than that of paparazzi photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment