Sunday, January 30, 2011

BOC Week 2: Crime Scene


With only a week to come up with a concept for a crime scene I began to try and figure out some ideas. This photograph of a crime scene is not the typical crime scene with tape and photo markers. This is more of a crime scene you would find before the police got to the scene. I wanted to make the viewer think of the different possibilities and scenarios of what could have happened. Could this be a murder in the snow? Not being able to see the figured upper body it can let the imagination tell the story. The sled in the foreground covering part of a chunk of wood also lets the mind wander could this be the murder weapon? Not all crime scenes have blood and guts all over the place. The lack of blood could indicate that the body has been in that position for a long period of time frozen and preserved until it was uncovered of found.
This image was shot on a sledding trip up near brain head ski resort. Sometimes you plan for these types of things with a specific goal or image in mind and sometimes things present themselves and you have to be ready to catch the shot. This happens to be one of those times the person in the photograph is a friend of mine who happened to be building a snow tunnel as I watched him climb and crawl in and out if this little cave I began snapping some images trying to find the best way to illustrate my idea. When going through the images when I got home I saw this one and knew that I had capture the shot I was going for. Accident or just being able to recognize an opportunity when it’s presented well I guess that is for you to decide when you view the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment