Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

As a young boy I can remember picking up a national geographic not for the wonderful stories inside, but for the magical images within those pages. Seeing those images I was hooked on photography, wanting to be the next national geographic photographer, to be shipped all over the world exploring distant lands with only a backpack full of essentials and a camera. This of course sparked in me a passion of and for outdoor and nature photography, I also have a love of shooting people photography in its many different forms. Photography is an art and its medium is light, light comes in two forms nature light and artificial light. Being able to see the way light creates, defines, or takes away from an image what defines a photographer and as a result it reflects in his or her work.  I am somewhat of a purist when it comes to my photography, while I know it is not always possible to get everything 100% perfect in the camera that is my goal each and every time I shoot. I have come to appreciate photo editing software more I learn how to use the different programs. Yet I still believe that a photographer must first capture the image correctly in the camera with proper use of that camera. If you take a crappy photo and edit it to death in photoshop no matter what the outcome or how nice it looks afterwards in my opinion you still have a crappy photo. If you take a beautiful photo and then no matter what you do to that photo you still have a beautiful photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment