Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 3 EOC: Where are you now and where are you going?

Often in life I have to ask ourselves where am I and where am I going? I had to ask myself this same question almost three years ago when I was laid off from my job. The construction market was on a terrible down turn and things didn’t look like they would be getting better anytime soon. So I prepared for the worst, luckily I had some money put away it wasn’t much but it got us through that first year as I looked for work and decided to go back to school. The next year hit us even harder and I had to give up quite a bit more than I thought I Ire going to have to. I turned the vehicle I had that had a monthly payment back over to the bank and declared bankruptcy. One thing I thought I would never have to do.  Even though I was working fulltime it was still hard to keep up with things while going to school full time.
So that is where I’m coming from, so where does that put me currently? Well it puts me almost done with school, still working fulltime and going to school fulltime. I have finally managed to make ends meet for the most part by taking on a better position with the job I have as well as working to build my own cliental for my own business. Little by little I will be trying to put money away for that rainy day as well as start again a savings for retirement. I plan to again buy some stocks and bonds using a mutual fund like I have had before. This will give me a place to stash away some money for retirement each month in a place where that money can earn interest and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment