Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 2 EOC: Sacrifices

What personal sacrifices would I be willing to make for a professional career? This was something I had to ask myself before going back to school. By making the commitment to go back to school for my bachelor’s degree in photography I had to sacrifice time with my wife and children to do so. I work full time and go to school full time so that does not leave a whole lot of time left over to do family stuff. To some this may not seem like much, but to someone who loves to be with his family it has been difficult. Some moment in life pass by and you never get a chance to relive those moments, moments like my youngest son learning to crawl and taking his first steps. Now I haven’t had to give up or sacrifice those moments 100% and yes I have had to arrange, and then re-arrange my schedule so that I could be around for as many of those moments as possible. I have also had to sacrifice some classes at school because of working full time and here in the near future I will probably have to sacrifice a good job so that I can finish school to be able to work and have a career in photography which is my passion. I will also be sacrificing a sure paycheck for a career that will only be as lucrative as I make it by the sweat of my brow and my hard work. Yet when I am able to do the things I love and support my family doing it, all the sacrifices will be worth it in the end. The hard work and sacrifices I am making now while I am in school will also prepare me for any I will have to make after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment